Behind The Scene

Hi! Welcome again to DONTLOSEGRIP… How are you doing? Hopefully, everyone is doing fine. Don’t ever lose your grip and your faith to Allah swt no matter how hard your life would be. For this time, let’s talk about movies. Long, long time ago, when I was still very young, I was taught to watch a movie with heart and not only with eyes. Growing in a family that went to cinema almost every week, I always take watching movies as one of the way to get to know about life, make it, lives out there, in the real up-to-the-minute world. What do you see when you watch ‘Flight plan’ or ‘Red Hand’? What did you get? I see a lot. You see, it would be very hard if you are trapped in a flight and somebody has planned very particularly and meticulously just to make sure that you won’t have the chance to land safely at your destination. ‘Flight plan’ taught me to stay awake along my journey so that no one can take my belongings, at least. And yes, ‘Red Hand’ gave me the idea to not to trust anyone just like that~ you see, trust is a fragile thing. It’s never okay to show that you are vulnerable in front of everyone because you don’t know who your real enemy is.

Hey, how about the Bourne? (Sshh… keep your voice lower, you’re gonna be heard by the Russians...Haha) I tell you, I like a movie went it’s free from sexual scenes. Bourne is one of them~ it’s quite clean; make it cleaner, in comparison with movie like Species (hey Species director- don’t make Science become grubby just because your creative ‘masterpiece’)

What? 300? Whoa… that film is awesome (Who’s with me? Yeah… give me five! =P) And Gladiator, have you watched it? That is what we call spectacular, man! You don’t see Spaniard and his horses and his sword every day at the street. Haha. When I first watched Gladiator, I found myself sketching gladiators everywhere in my sketch book! Same goes when I watched The Mummy, I kept on drawing Egyptian and women like Cleopatra. Hey, I did draw Puteri Gunung Ledang after I watched the movie. ( For those who don’t know~ I love drawing and of course, I can draw)

People, motion pictures are visuals that copied what we have in our bona fide world. Sometimes, through those stories, you’ll find things that you don’t find easily in your life. Movies can be very attractive. They influenced people faster than influenza infected your lungs, because they influenced the mind and mind is very easily to be infected. Muslims, movies can be a very stable way, I mean; it could be one of the best way to do da’wa. Yes it’s not easy but it’s gonna be very effective. Maybe, one day, through movies, we shall bring back our empire. The chance is there.

3 comments:

Anonymous October 10, 2008 at 5:35 PM  

"Red Hand".. never watch it before, but i kinda like the message.. especially about what u said.
quoting you,

"..trust is a fragile thing.."

anyways, i don't really like movies, cuz it's in a way some kind of a penipuan.. especially when you know how the actor really is.. i kno they are just acting.. tp.. entah.. x ske..
prefer "drama kehidupan", where everything is real.. no faking.. even though they are faking.. it's still real.. get what i mean??
and not all of them are, like u said, "copies of what we have in our bona fide world"..
been a movie maniac before.. especially when i was in lower form, but not anymore..

but i agree though, using movies as a medium..

Anonymous October 10, 2008 at 5:36 PM  

never knew u draw though

adlan wafi October 11, 2008 at 2:46 AM  

aku pernah ikut wan tgk drama kehidupan... ;)

Cahaya Kalimah

Ya Allah Ya Tuhan kami,
Kami bersyukur kepada Mu
kerana telah memilih kami
Memahami tugas dan tanggungjawab
dakwah ini

Maka kami berikrar untuk:

iltizam untuk bersatu hati dalam
menegakkan amanah da'wahMu

Bersungguh-sungguh bekerja
semampu kami berdakwah kpdMu

Berterusan meningkatkan diri
menerusi sistem tarbiyah ini

Demi mencapai keridhoanMu


Web Site Hit Counters
HTML'>http://www.easycounter.com/">HTML Counter


Cahaya Muqadimah

"Katakanlah, 'inilah jalanku. Aku dan orang-orang yang mengikutiku mengajak kepada Allah dengan hujjah yang nyata'." (Yusuf: 108)